Friday, March 02, 2007

Alpha happy hour



I was going to shave my legs on Thursday. Actually, I was going to let the Gillette shaver lady shave my legs. I was at the Ford Fan Experience at the Convention Center, where a woman was shaving and trimming men's beards for free at the Gillette booth.

I figured if Gillette really wanted to prove how good the Fusion razor is, they could give my legs a trim. I haven't shaved them since high school so the hair's long enough to cornrow. I sauntered over to the booth and offered the Gillette shaver lady this rare opportunity. She wrinkled up her nose in disgust, told me no, and gave me a coupon to buy a razor.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sometimes I really think that someone has hacked your blog account and is posting completely absurd stuff in your column in an attempt to sabotage you...but then I realize that this drivel is really what you think is appropriate. It truly boggles the mind.

Anonymous said...

I just threw up in my mouth a little bit.

Anonymous said...

What's boggling is someone pays her to write what should only be e-mails to her friends.

Anonymous said...

Classic!

Previous commenter, quit taking yourself so seriously and go have a beer or 12.

Anonymous said...

LOL! Tonya, say it isn't so...you asked a strange woman to shave your legs in public...and thought she was going to do it? Or were you just trying to get a reaction? In any case, you didn't need to tell us about your leg hair. To each her own, but that's truly TMI...hope you shave your armpits, though!