Saturday, March 04, 2006

Magic, over here!


After I got my money maker shot of Al B. Sure, I focused on getting a picture of Magic Johnson. There was no way, I could go back to work without seeing Magic and getting his picture.

He's sitting in a dark corner in the VIP section at the Big Chill. I'm trying to be cool and snap off a couple of shots of him talking, but it's too dark and my camera isn't high-tech.

A lady walks up to him and taps and holds her cellphone in his face. He turns around and gives her a big grin. She snaps the shot and walks away.

At this point, I'm ready to do the same thing because he doesn't look like he's going to leave that dark corner. I get his attention and he gives me a big smile.

I'm nervous now. I'm still getting used to a new camera and it's so dark I can't see him in my viewfinder. My hands are trembling. I snap the shot. He shakes my hand. I check the camera to see the photo.

I got a great picture -- of the ceiling.

I get his attention again and try another one. I hit the record button, and my camera switches to video mode. I ask him for one more chance.

He flashes me a big smile. I'm so nervous now, I worry the shot will be blurry. I press the button. I check the photo.

Yes!

0 comments: