Saturday, March 04, 2006

Battle of the Bands

Okay, crunk music – the get you hype to fight in the club and sweat on the dance floor music – is my guilty pleasure.

I just can’t help bouncing when I hear it. I’m at the battle of the bands competition inside the Bobcats Arena for Super Saturday. North Carolina Central is battling one of the colleges in Virginia.

Virginia is graceful and artistic. They play Teddy Pendergrass’ “Love T.K.O,” and their dancers gracefully do choreographed steps.

N.C. Central starts. They play that club music. Band members wave their horns as the drum line plays. Dancers do those music video style moves, and two girls in the audience are doing the same. I know how two girls feel. (Okay, I don't drop it likes it hot, but I tap my toe real fast.)

Virginia’s tribute to R&B was good and they got the loudest applause, but sometimes I just want to bounce, bounce, bounce….

Oh wait, Virginia just stepped up. They’re playing “I’m In Love With A Dancer” and their dance team is killing it. The guys drop to the floor and do this push-up centipede move. The audience on on their feet clapping and chanting. I get it, Virginia was saving for their tricks for the end.

Now, I can't get that song out of my head. "I'm in love with a ...."

0 comments: