Thursday, March 02, 2006

JCSU makes an entrance

JCSU's marching band sure knows how to make an entrance. They lined up in the lobby of the Charlotte Convention Center and then someone banged a drum. The band shouted J-C-S-U!

Everyone within hearing distance, gathered to watch -- the band go down the escalator.

The troupe lined up on the basketball court and their horns, drums and whistles filled the area. I felt bad for the Food Lion guest chef who was trying to make a chicken recipe because the band stole his shine. They did the theme song from the movie "Coming to America" and they performed "In Love With a Dancer."

J-C-S-U!

Did you see JCSU perform? How did they do? What's the best band you've seen so far? Post your comments below and holla' at a sista if you see me in the streets.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey tonya, i am a member of the JCSU marching band.Everyone knows that we are the best band in the CIAA and tonight we are going to prove it!!

Anonymous said...

i wouldnt say all that... i've seen and heard better from smith's band years before, but other that they are nice.

Anonymous said...

You know Central is the best in the CIAA girl stop playin.

Anonymous said...

hello yes I sure did see JCSU performe and they were the great and the best of all the bands so please let them know they need to keep that up because we would like to see the more excitment next year:)

Anonymous said...

I am a member of the band as well. I think we did a good job. We might be small, but are sound and musicianship is GREAT! My second year in the marching band with two different band directors, I can say that we are way better then last year.

Anonymous said...

English class anyone?????

Anonymous said...

Some students need to stay focused in English class. Wow. With that said I must contribute the truth to the postings of people comments regarding "Best Marching band". I am sure we as HBCU College students can come to the agreement that the Best Marching band is no other than that of Livingstone College Marching Band. Before a reply is made I know we maybe be slightly smaller than you in regards to the population of the band however, we far exceed you all in the area of intellect. Golden Bulls have a great day and remember (if you can) to always respect those Livingstone Blue Bears.

Anonymous said...

Okay, you are making a comment about one person in the JCSU Marching Band's intellect. That is not called for, because I'm sure my GPA is higher than everyone in your band. But for the past 4 years I've been at Smith, Livingstone has never been better. I respect ya'll because I respect all members of any band, but this is not the 5th quarter so just give Smith their props for the performance and keep it moving.

Anonymous said...

Livingstone? Are you serious? Seriously on something! A living stone???? What is that?