Sunday, March 04, 2007

Breakfast with the Omegas


The Omegas know how to throw a late night breakfast party.

After the Backyard Band show at Amos' we made a beeline to the Omega Psi Phi fraternity house for their late-night breakfast party. It was about 2:30 a.m. and I was starving. The Omegas were a model of efficiency. We walked in, paid $20, got a ticket and walked to the back. In the back, we gave a man our ticket, he handed us a plate and pointed us to the buffet.

I filled my plate up with grits, eggs, chicken wings, bacon and sausage, and then plopped into an oversized leather chair. I was the happiest person in the world. The grits were on point and so were the chicken wings. In all of my life of partying, I have never been fed that fast at a late-night food event. Had I gone to Waffle House, Coffee Cup, Mert's or IHOP, I would have waited forever to be seated and served.

After eating, we headed to the dance floor to shake it a couple of more hours before heading home about 4 a.m.

Next year, the Omegas are going to get tired of seeing my face.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

This party was rockin' both nights...or should I say mornings. Anyway, the food was good, the crowd was fine, and the DJ was great!