Friday, March 17, 2006

Going green -- It's St. Paddy's Day

What up Party people!

I'm started my St. Patrick's Day early at Ri-Ra last night. I joined dozens of people getting an early start to the their St. Patrick's Day celebrations. A live cover band played on the stage and couples and friends sat at tables and around the bar.

I hooked up with an out-of-towner named Garth. He had expense account money to burn and some wild stories to tell. I only intended to grab one beer and leave, but I ended up swapping stories with him for two hours. Good peeps, good times. I'm doing the day-long Irish bar pub crawl from Charlotte to Cornelius to Fort Mill and then back to Charlotte.

Am I the only one out there partying now? We'll see.

If you know the best spots post your replies below and if you're looking for St. Patrick's day events. I've got you. Let's get this party started. Holla' at a sista' if you see me in the streets.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Its St. Patty's(short for Patrick)...not St. Paddy's! Paddys are portioned meat for hamburgers. Nothing is worse than when a media figure has poor gramer and can't spell!

Anonymous said...

One thing is worse - a person who points out another person's poor "gramer." Learn to spell before you critique other people. It's grammar, for crying out loud.

Anonymous said...

I don't write for a living. My grammar is not the issue. You write this little column weekly/daily with the reading level of a fifth grader. There is no excuse for a member of the media to misspell a holiday! GRAMER(which was intentionally spelled incorrect) was an attempt to gain a rise out of a small minded reporter who needs to find a real job (something where you don't write about your drunken episodes each week). I see that my intentions were realized. Thank you for taking my message so personally. Regardless change PADDY to PATTY! It’s on the front page of Charlotte.com...for crying out loud!

Anonymous said...

You do write very poorly sometimes. For instance, I can't stand all of the slang in your collum. "hooked up" ... "good peeps" "Holla at your sista" Has anyone ever told you that slang is very unprofessional and demeaning to yourself!

Anonymous said...

Actually "Patties" are portioned meat for hamburgers. COME ON PEOPLE!

Anonymous said...

I think both of you have had too many green beers.
The first poster is obvilous an angry person for some unknown reason.

Anonymous said...

They should leave Tonya to cover CIAA tourneys and Ludacris concerts. Real events should be handled by actual journalists.

Anonymous said...

If you are going to speak your mind at least have enough credibilty and use your name.

Anonymous said...

It's so easy to hate when you're anonymous