Friday, March 17, 2006

Goin' Green at McHale's



I knew I was home the minute I walked into McHale's, Bruce Prospect, who was sitting at the bar eating corned beef and cabbage, told me not to write anything bad. Margaret Green took me under wing and showed me around the place. She introduced me to her partner, Lorraine Bonura Green, and gave me a quick run down of why this is her favorite spot. McHale's is one of those bars that is the neighborhood pub. Packs of friends are sitting around the bar and at tables. They're eating corned beef and cabbage, drinking stuff and chillin'. Several people drank Bud out of green aluminum cans -- cute.

I'm getting ready to meet a group of regulars here called the Perverts. I can't wait.

If you're heading down this way here's what' up at McHale's:
Mchale's in Fort Mill and Rock Hill will have an all you can eat Irish menu, beer specials, live music and dancers. Fun starts at 3 p.m. $10. Fort Mill location: (803) 548-2151, 1820 Gold Hill Road., Rock Hill: (803) 329-8580, 122 E. Main St.

0 comments: