Monday, February 20, 2006

Trying to smack your....

I'm heading to the bathroom for one last time after an evening of partying with friends and strangers at the Bartender's Ball when it happens.

I see one of my flag football teammates and another guy whom I've played against. We had all spoken to each other earlier that evening and we say hello again. The guy who I've played against starts whacking me on my tailbone. I grab him by his shirt and jerk him toward me. I ask him, why he keeps hitting me.

"I'm trying to smack your a--," he says as he twists out of my grip and hits me again.
I put him in a headlock and tell him "No one, smacks my a--."

I let him go. My flag football buddy says he's drunk (Who isn't at this point?) and gets the guy to leave. I know alcohol loosens inhibitions and all that, but that's no excuse to touch me or any other woman beyond a hug, high five or half chest bump.

So, what do ya'll think? Did I overreact? Did I underreact? How often does this type of stuff happen to you and how do you usually handle it?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes it was a little over reaction but he should have respected your end zone more without the unnecessary roughness. Maybe you should have just thrown the red flag and reviewed the play with him? Instead of calling a person penalty for unnecessary roughness.

theselips@gmail.com

:) Love you mean it!

Anonymous said...

I would be offended too if somebody kept getting physical like this with me after I said no to him.. u did the right thing!!

Anonymous said...

While attending an event that is MEANT to overintoxic folks, you should have expected some non sense behavior. You might have over reacted slightly, but you still had a right to react. Regardless, hope you had a blast.

Anonymous said...

I think it is extremely low class to talk about people being drunk and getting your behind smacked in a public forum. You should have ignored your friend's remark, as well as his not-so-nice actions, and walked away. Your actions were not ladylike and seem to have exacerbated the problem. And it's "whom I have played against."

Anonymous said...

Damn baby take a chill pill! :)

Anonymous said...

No you didn't overreact. He violated you PERIOD. Glad you stood your ground. Everyone else really need to look at the BIG PICTURE. This man may have a family, a good job, and a GREAT REPUTATION. What a way to waste it on an lame excuse of being drunk. KEEP YOUR HANDS TO YOURSELF!!!

Anonymous said...

You DID NOT overreact!!! Anytime anyone puts their hands on another person without invitation or mutual minded agreement it's a VIOLATION!! I wished a coworker happy birthday and she slapped me. Believe or not I turned the other cheek. I was hugged by a guy I had just met and he moved his hand down and felt my butt. Twice I was going into a party (different ones) and a guy felt my butt. All four times (even the slap) I felt violated. You did not overreact. No one ever has a right to touch anyone else inappropriately. Until it happens to you ... you really should not comment.