Wednesday, May 24, 2006

Gas prices are killing me

The other night, I was seriously debating whether I wanted to go to Yahzarah's performance at the Jazz Cafe because the jazz club was so far from my house. The way gas prices are my barhopping radius is seriously reduced. I live off Central Avenue, so I prefer to party in the uptown area rather than drive further out.

I ride my motorcycle to clubs and bars way more than I have in past years. I don't think I'm the only one sticking closer to home. I was talking to promoter John Lineberger at Taste of the Nation about how the party business. He said this spring was slower than usual and he too wondered if higher gas prices, along with this unseasonable weather, kept people from going out as much.

Here's my question, have higher gas prices changed your partying habits? If so, how?

2 comments:

Michael said...

TJ - I started taking CATS a couple of years ago for this same reason. It's insane!

What bugs me is that I'm in North Meck and just about the time the party gets going, the last 77X out of the city is at 10ish!

And, hey, no Sunday service even during football season? WTF?

Party on, g'friend!

Anonymous said...

If you have to take a bus because you can't afford the gas I would think "partying" would be and should be a pretty low priority.