Sunday, April 23, 2006

Gotta go the booty show



I knew from the name, that Yo Mama's Big Fat Booty Band was going to be fun, but I didn't realize how fun until I saw them at the 3 Rivers today. They're a bunch of young guys who are having a great time being in a band, and you can tell in their stage persona that they're having fun and want the audience to do the same thing. They easily dip into New Orleans style brass and funk instrumental jam. Their lyrics are catch and easy to sing along too. When the Asheville-based band comes to the Neighborhood Theater on June 23, they're a must-see.


Alright party peeps, I can't stick around for Styx tonight. There's a hip-hop show at Fire & Ice and a Greek party at the Forum in Charlotte, so I'm headed back.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I went and Saw Aretha and George Clinton on Saturday night. I thought the awards they gave Aretha during the middle of her set were about the strangest moment I've seen in a concert. After getting an award from a South Carolina congressman, the mayor gave her another award, the key to the city and proclaimed the day Aretha Franklin day from here on out...