Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Are man bags sexy?

Hey fellas, is your game tight? In a recent interview with Details magazine, Sean Combs talked about what makes men sexy.

Here’s part of his list:
1. You’ve got to get your smell right. Walk into an elevator with a beautiful woman in it. If you’ve got your scent going in the right direction, she’s gonna be thinking about you when you leave. That’s the way to seal a woman.

2. The lighting design in a home is the icing on the cake. I’m not talking about anything expensive. I’m talking about dimmers. You’ve got to be able to control the mood.

3. I don’t have a lot of body hair. If I did, I’d get rid of it.

4. It’s better to look like you’re wearing something that fits then like you’re wearing a trend.

5. I have a “man bag.” I’m not gonna lie. Just make sure that if you carry one, it’s very, very big, so it doesn’t get mistaken for a pocketbook. (Here's Keifer Sutherland as super agent Jack Bauer saving the world and carrying a man bag)

Sorry, P. Diddy, I was with you until the man bag thing. I don’t care how rich you are men with purses or clutches are not sexy.
Fellas what do you think? What’s your best technique to scoring with the ladies? And ladies, what does a man have to do to woo you?
Post your replies below.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Four words: confidence and self-awareness. It's been repeated over and over and over again, but still people ask the same question, expecting a different answer.

If you're confident and be yourself, you can have any girl you want.

Don't give in to stupid Cosmo gimmicks.

Anonymous said...

I agree with cltbe, confidence and how you carry yourself attracts more women than just being in the latest trends. I admit it, I carry a man bag not because it's trendy but because I consider myself too young to carry a briefcase, its convenient, and I'm an artist so basically that gives me free reign to do as I please, haha. Seriously though, to all of you worried about how to attract the opposite sex....that's your first problem....you're worrying which leads to trying too hard. Just lay back, be yourself and they will come. I've given this advice before to friends and it's never failed them or me. Just be yourself....and yes, man bags are sexy! :)

Anonymous said...

Jack Bauer carries a man bag to hold all of his guns and ammunition.

Coincidentally, that's the same reason that Puff Diddy/P. Diddly, Puffy/Whatever carries one.

LOL!

If you carry a man bag, look in the mirror and repeat: I am woman, hear me roar.

Anonymous said...

Man bags are for high maintenance guys! No joke...peak inside the bag i.e. hair gel, tweezers, exfoliating pad, etc.

Anonymous said...

My girlfriend bought me a manbag for Christmas last year. I was a bit skeptical at first, but it grew on me. IMPORTANT: It must have a saddle flap or it will look too much like a purse. I pretty much use it as a chic briefcase, strapped across my chest with the bag on the back... not side. This is also very IMPORTANT men.