Thursday, May 05, 2005

Go Wizards!

I know, I know this blog is supposed to be all about golf, but I just got home from the Wachovia Championship media party and saw my hometown team the Washington Wizards beat the Chicago Bulls with a buzzer beater. Yaaayyyy.
Okay, back to golf. If you haven't been to the Belle Acres Golf and Country Club on South Boulevard, I suggest you find a friend who has a membership. The 14-year-old pub is deceiving. It doesn't look like much from the outside and the inside looks like a junky sports bar, but that's what makes it cool. There's all kinds of sports memorabilia and photos on the walls and ceiling. (No, the Mellow Mushroom in Noda wasn't the first place to hang cool stuff on the ceiling.) The place feels like a neighborhood diner -- for the ballas only.

0 comments: